About Atlantic City Ballet.
Founded in 1982, by International Ballerina, Phyllis Papa, the Atlantic City Ballet serves as a prime artistic resource to the residents of Atlantic City and the surrounding areas. The company is comprised of professional dancers from around the world and have earned national acclaim for their technical expertise and exuberant stage presence. AC Ballet offers access to fully-staged performances by a highly skilled company of professional dancers and educational programs designed to fit the needs of a diverse student population. Their community outreach initiatives encourage appreciation of and participation in the art form. The Atlantic City Ballet honors the diversity of world cultures through the engagement of a multicultural company of professional dancers. Although their home base is in Historic Boardwalk Hall in Atlantic City, the Ballet has performed in theaters all along the east coast and across the country. Their repertoire of original works includes such classics as A Midsummer Night's Dream, Sleeping Beauty and Swan Lake but, Ms. Papa is most known for her innovative works such as Dracula, Romeo and Juliet and her full length Carmen. Since its inception, the Atlantic City Ballet has served as one of the cultural treasures of New Jersey and continues a tradition of dance excellence for future generations of ballet audiences.
Nondiscrimination Statement - The Atlantic City Ballet shall not discriminate in any of its functions based on
race, color, religion, sex, disability, familial status, nation of origin, ancestry, age or gender identity.
ACB can accommodate persons with disabilities with advanced notice of 2-3 weeks. (Assisted listening, audio description, etc…)
- Wonderful way to spend a evening with family and friends. The show was wonderful! Enjoyed the night and would love to see again. Thank you."Susanne Walker"
- Dracula was intense and mesmerizing!! See you for the holidays"Sandra Ciarlante-Mastrando"
- I took my 10 year old daughter and mother to see ACBT's Carmen at Caesar's this past weekend and it was amazing! The choreography, dancing, and acting was beautifully performed. All three generations equally enjoyed the show. Wonderful job ACBT! We can't wait to see Swan Lake in May!!!"Cathy Sheffel Kenny"
I saw Romeo and Juliet today with my husband. Rarely do we see a performance where the performers are able to convey their feelings so deeply that you experience their love, frustration, pain, and desperation as though you were experiencing the situation yourself.
I have seen theater and ballet all over the world, and I cannot remember any performance evoking this much feeling. If you are considering taking in one or all of their performances, I urge you to do so. You will not be disappointed. Congratulations to all the dancers and particularly Romeo and Juliet for your outstanding performance! BRAVO!! "Marie Loehwing Land"
- Romeo and Juliet was fantastic! From the costumes, to the sets, to the choreography... it was really beautiful. Juliet was simply stunning and a joy to watch. Fabulous dancing and acting by all!"Theresa Pavesi"
- My husband and I enjoyed a beautiful performance by the Atlantic City Ballet last night at the Strand Theater in Lakewood. It is so wonderful to find a world-class ballet so close to home! As a ballet student myself, I was inspired and look forward to seeing many more performances by this company!"Patricia Tavis"